Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Nudge - Week 2

Nudge - Week 2

Amida has prepared everything for you; His Vows, his Name and his Pure Land --They are all meant for you. Leave everything to Amida without the slightest doubt, Like a baby nestling in the mother's arms,Then you become free of all worries and anxieties.You are still a bombu but have no calculations any longer.  
~ from Zuiken's Hyms of Faith
I have found great inspiration from Zuiken's writings. I especially enjoy the imagery in this particular piece.

This is page 1 of your art journal.  Now we begin. 

This week you will focus on the feeling of being grasped by Amida. How does that make you feel?  What words come to mind?

Here is a very simple technique to artfully add words or a sentence into your journal.

A simple set of lines is the starting place.  If you are a perfectionist, get out the straight edge....if you are willing to be whimsical...free-hand the lines..either way have fun.

I found a few images that I cut out and placed on the page, too.  I felt like the little mermaid, gently treading water while grasping Amida's hand.  What does being grasped by Amida mean to you?

Here is my journal page for Week 2:



I think I will add more to the bottom of the page...but I am waiting to see what the rest of week 2 brings to inspire me.  I will come back to my week 2 "nudge", re-read the inspiring words and see what else ends up on my journal page.

Namu Amida Butsu

Jishin



No comments:

Post a Comment